Nashville Puppy Training
Advanced Canine’s puppy training will help you raise a well-mannered companion and family pet. Through our program, we socialize young puppies when they are typically under three (3) months of age.
During this training stage, puppies are just old enough to get into mischief, but are too young to start retaining an advanced level of instruction. Thus, we always start with positive reenforcement.
What You Can Expect
Puppies are brought into an environment to begin socializing with other dogs and people. The owners will be instructed on dealing with various problems, such as:
- Crate training
- Emergency medical treatment and CPR
- Biting, whining, and destructive chewing
- Handling the puppy when out of control
- Dealing with puppy annoyances that can evolve into serious behavior problems
Tips for Puppy Training at Home
It’s important with all training, but especially with young puppies, to use lots of encouragement, praise, and positive reinforcement. Always set your puppy up to succeed!
- Start working with your puppy as soon as it arrives at your home.
- Concentrate on developing desirable habits and preventing undesirable behavior
- Keep your sessions short, consistent and always have fun.
Always remember that you are dealing with a young pet. Be realistic, flexible, patient, and always fair with your puppy. Your puppy doesn’t magically know what your needs are. Puppies are bound to make mistakes — just move on and do your best to prevent them in the future.